
William Grant Garcia was (finally!!) born on Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 7:02pm. Grant weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces and is 20.5 inches long and arrived exactly one week after his due date.
Thankfully, I did not have to be induced and went into labor on my own early Thursday morning. We went to the doctor's office around 2:00pm where I was checked and told I was 4-5 cm dilated. The doctor sent us to labor and delivery from there, where I was checked in and got my epidural (yeah!!). After I was situated, the doctor came in to break my water. I was 6 cm dilated at that point. About an hour later they checked me again - I was still 6-7 cm. Around 20 minutes after that I told the nurse I thought I was ready. She checked me and sure enough I was 10 cm dilated and little Grant was ready to enter the world! The doctor came in and set up...I started pushing at 6:57pm and Grant was born at 7:02pm! Piece of cake... : )
We are so happy to finally have Grant home with us. He has a very mellow temperament and is cute as a button. Madeline is embracing her role as big sister and could not be more sweet toward him. We can't wait to introduce him to everyone. Welcome to the world William Grant!!









3 comments:
Congrats! He is adorable :)
First off, Grant is precious! His features are perfect! Great job, Kris & Mike! And secondly, Kris, you look gorgeous in all the pics! I need to know your beauty secrets so I can look that hot pre-labor and post-delivery! WOW! Most importantly, I'm so glad the baby has arrived safe and sound and cute as a button! Congratulations! xoxo
Congrats! All the pictures are wonderful and I cannot wait to meet Grant!
Post a Comment