Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To the Symphony!

On Sunday we took Madeline to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's holiday concert "The Stories of Christmas". I wasn't sure if she was quite old enough (you can never be too young for the arts!) but thought we'd give it a try anyway...I requested seats on the end of an aisle near the exit - just in case - and as it turned out there were quite few other children around her age there.
She really enjoyed watching the big drums and also the "piano" which was really an organ. She didn't like the sing along portion of the concert as much as I thought she would (even though Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was one of the songs) but seemed pretty in to the rest of it. Towards the end she got a little squirmy (tired and hungry) but otherwise she did great. We really enjoyed the concert as well and look forward to making it a Christmas tradition.

1 comment:

Preppy Pettit said...

How fun! I am going to do this next year when the kiddo's are older.