Yet another pictureless post (I know, no fun, but I had to share)...
At work, wearing a slightly-drapey-in-the-front BCBG top. Gentleman is in from DC for a meeting at my office and says to me (THIS IS NOT A JOKE):
Him: So obviously you are EXPECTING
Me: (thinking "huh"? and then remembering the slightly-drapey-in-front-shirt and not wanting to make him feel too bad that he just said that I was obviously pregnant) Oh no, but I do have 2 small children
Him: (trying to recover after serious foot-in-the-mouth moment) Oh you do, how old are they?
Me: 3 and 11 months
Him: So one right out of the oven
Me: (thinking are you kidding me right now, is this conversation really happening) Yes
The end.
W-O-W is all I can say...I mean really people, maybe I do still have a few LBs (or so) to lose and my abs are definitely NOT what they use to be...but ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Dear Mr. ________,
I have not met you before and have only just been introduced to you in the last 3 minutes. I would appreciate it if you did not ask me intensely personal questions or if I am "expecting" unless I am so very pregnant that I am waddling around and the child is about ready to be born. Furthermore, I was under the impression that you NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you already know this to be fact. As a side note, I would also like you to know that I only have 8 pounds to lose until I am back at my pre-babies weight and that not all of us child bearing women have the time(!) or inclination to work out 5 days a week (which quite honestly is what it would take for me to drop that last little bit of chub) while simultaneously working outside the home full time, working inside the home full time (because as all moms know their is no such thing as part time mothering), maintaining a household, cleaning said household, preparing 3 meals/day everyday, being thrown up on-assualted with sticky hands-cried to-pooped on-yelled at-colored on-played with-hugged-kissed-and loved by 2 tiny little people that depend on you for their every physical and emotional need and do not care that you have 8 or 10 or 20 pounds to lose (not to mention all of which was gained while GROWING said little people inside of you) as long as you are there to read bedtime stories before they go to sleep at night and make smiley face pancakes (or toaster waffles - I digress) when they wake up in the morning.
XO,
Me
***This has been a public service announcement.***
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh my, Kahoonas! Whether the visiting male in the office or female in the elavator...
Oh my gos, this is just terrible! I can only imagine... What did A do?!For the record, you look AMAZING K!!!
amen sister! were you wearing that one that i gave you? if so, im sorry. ill take it back.
YES! I was wearing that coral bcbg shirt. It is a little drapey in the front ... but PUH-LEASE ... it isn't that drapey
Amen, sister!
amen sister!!!!
Post a Comment