Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another update

This is going to be a quick one because I still feel like you-know-what. Maddie's party went great. The kids had such a fun time and Maddie was very excited to turn three and have all of her friends there to celebrate (I will do a birthday post with pics as soon as I feel better).
In other news, I felt horrendous on Sunday but drugged myself up so I could be at the party (I just thought whatever we caught last week was still lingering a bit - nothing a little motrin couldn't cure). I hope the other parents didn't think I was rude because I was not the most social and upbeat person ... but anyways, as soon as we got home I started feeling worse and worse and spiked a fever and was having a very hard time breathing. Monday morning Mike took me to the doctor first thing and one quick chest x-ray later I was diagnosed with pneumonia (not contagious). Go figure. Mike now has bronchitis but both kiddos are healthy so that is the good news in all of this. Thankfully Mike's parents were in town for Maddie's birthday and they were able to stay an extra day to help with the kids. Now we are muddling through and hope to have all of the sick out of our house ASAP!
PS. I will have to post video of the most hilarious gift Maddie received for her birthday - it is totally hysterical...all I have to say is "remote control biker chick My Little Pony".

No comments: